Re: default_table_access_method is not in sample config file - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: default_table_access_method is not in sample config file
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 03:29:30PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> but I don't quite see GUCs like default_tablespace, search_path (due to
> determining a created table's schema), temp_tablespace,
> default_table_access_method fit reasonably well under that heading. They
> all can affect persistent state. That seems pretty different from a
> number of other settings (client_min_messages,
> default_transaction_isolation, lock_timeout, ...) which only have
> transient effects.

Agreed.

> Should we perhaps split that group? Not that I have a good proposal for
> better names.

We could have a section for transaction-related parameters, and move
the vacuum ones into the section for autovacuum so as they get
grouped, renaming the section "autovacuum and vacuum".  An idea of
group for search_path, temp_tablespace, default_tablespace & co would
be "object parameters", or "relation parameters" for all the
parameters which interfere with object definitions?
--
Michael

Attachment