Re: BUG #15695: Failure to restore a dump, ERROR: operator does notexist: public.hstore = public.hstore - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: BUG #15695: Failure to restore a dump, ERROR: operator does notexist: public.hstore = public.hstore
Date
In response to BUG #15695: Failure to restore a dump, ERROR: operator does not exist: public.hstore = public.hstore  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 09:20:38PM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> I am exporting DB from 10.6 and importing into 10.7 and an UPDATE rule fails
> to restore. I have a view with a rule that starts like this
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE RULE table_view__upd__rul AS ON UPDATE
>     TO schema.table_view
>     DO INSTEAD (
>         UPDATE sch.tab
>         SET
>             updated_at = NEW.updated_at,
>             updated_by = NEW.updated_by,
>             hstore_field = NEW.hstore_field
>         WHERE id = OLD.id
>             AND
>             (
>                 OLD.updated_at IS DISTINCT FROM NEW.updated_at OR
>                 OLD.updated_by IS DISTINCT FROM NEW.updated_by OR
>                 OLD.hstore_field IS DISTINCT FROM NEW.hstore_field
>             );

> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  operator does
> not exist: public.hstore = public.hstore
> LINE 3: ...ISTINCT FROM (new.updated_by)::text) OR (old.hstore_field IS
> DISTINC...
>
> with an arrow pointing to "old.hstore_field IS -->DISTINC..."

> This looks like a bug to me :(

It is a bug:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/ffefc172-a487-aa87-a0e7-472bf29735c8%40gmail.com