Re: refactoring - share str2*int64 functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: refactoring - share str2*int64 functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 11:34:34AM +0200, Fabien COELHO wrote:
> However there is a contrary objective to have a unified interface,
> but there also exists a:
>
>   extern uint64 pg_strtouint64(const char *str, char **endptr, int base);
>
> called 3 times, always with base == 10. We have a similar name but a totally
> different interface, so basically it would have to be replaced
> by something like the first interface.

My understanding on this one was to nuke the base argument and unify
the interface with our own, faster routines:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20190716201838.rwrd7xzbrybq7dop%40alap3.anarazel.de
--
Michael

Attachment