Re: refactoring - share str2*int64 functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: refactoring - share str2*int64 functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>>  extern uint64 pg_strtouint64(const char *str, char **endptr, int base);
>>
>> called 3 times, always with base == 10. We have a similar name but a totally
>> different interface, so basically it would have to be replaced
>> by something like the first interface.
>
> My understanding on this one was to nuke the base argument and unify
> the interface with our own, faster routines:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20190716201838.rwrd7xzbrybq7dop%40alap3.anarazel.de

Ok, so there is an agreement on reworking the unsigned function. I missed
this bit.

So I'll set out to write and use "pg_strtou?int64", i.e. 2 functions, and
then possibly generalize to lower sizes, 32, 16, depending on what is
actually needed.

--
Fabien.