Re: Where is SSPI auth username determined for TAP tests? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Where is SSPI auth username determined for TAP tests?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 03, 2019 at 09:53:14AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I haven't checked that this actually works, but it looks plausible,
> and I agree it's simpler/easier.

Thanks, committed.  While testing on Windows, I have been trapped by
the fact that IPC::Run mishandles double quotes, causing the tests to
fail for the environment variable part because of a mismatching
pg_hba.conf entry.  The difference is that with we run pg_regress
--config-auth using IPC::Run::run on HEAD but the patch switches to
system().  So I have finished by removing the double-quote handling
from the restore user name which makes the whole test suite more
consistent.  The patch has at the end the advantage of removing in
pg_ident.conf the entry related to the OS user running the scripts,
which makes the environment more restricted by default.
--
Michael

Attachment