Re: TopoSort() fix - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rui Hai Jiang
Subject Re: TopoSort() fix
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I'll try to figure out some  scenarios to do the test. A parallel process group is needed for the test.

Actually I was trying to do some testing against the locking mechanism. I happened to see this issue.

On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 9:38 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 11:23 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Rui Hai Jiang <ruihaij@gmail.com> writes:
> > I think I found an issue in the TopoSort() function.
>
> This indeed seems like a live bug introduced by a1c1af2a.
> Robert?

This is pretty thoroughly swapped out of my head, but it looks like
that analysis might be correct.

Is it practical to come up with a test case that demonstrates the problem?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company