Re: pgsql: Drop test user when done with it. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: pgsql: Drop test user when done with it.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Greetings,

* Alvaro Herrera (alvherre@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> On 2019-Jun-26, Stephen Frost wrote:
>
> > Isn’t this the one run from pg_upgrade’s tests? We don’t want to break that
> > (and hopefully we haven’t but maybe something did...).  Pretty sure we had
> > nearly the same discussion this past fall...
>
> https://postgr.es/m/20180904203012.GG20696@paquier.xyz ?

Yes, thanks, and specifically this:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20181130163728.GE3415%40tamriel.snowman.net

Adding 'DROP IF EXISTS' to the top to have things cleaned up so that the
run can be repeated is fine.  Removing things at the end of the test
script would defeat the entire purpose of those tests.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment