Re: sequences - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thiemo Kellner
Subject Re: sequences
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Karl

I did not double check with the doc whether the SQL you posted is
valid (I guess it could by applying the defaults) however I do not see
how sequences would govern the sending of data to users.

Kind regards

Thiemo

Quoting Karl Martin Skoldebrand <KS0C77263@techmahindra.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to troubleshoot a case where users are getting data from
> a database, despite they having said they are not interested.
> There is a number of sequences in the database in question, but to
> me they look "empty", like stubs.
>
> create sequence db_table_seq;
>
> alter sequence db_table_seq owner to dbnameuser;
>
> (all names obfuscated)
>
> To me it look like the only thing going is changing the ownership of
> the sequence. For unknown reasons.
> What is your impression the intention is with this?
>
> //Martin S

> Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is
> proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy
> statement, you may review the policy at
> http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html
> <http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html> externally
> http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html
> <http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html> internally within
> TechMahindra.

S/MIME Public Key: https://oc.gelassene-pferde.biz/index.php/s/eJuAUFONag6ofnH
Signal (Safer than WhatsApp): +49 1578 7723737
Handys: +41 78 947 36 21 | +49 1578 772 37 37
Tox-Id:
B7282A9E31D944DDAD1ECC5B33C36AAE80B32D119AB7391D602C937A65E8CA0625C495C5322B

Attachment