Re: How to install login_hook in Postgres 10.5 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: How to install login_hook in Postgres 10.5
Date
List pgsql-hackers

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/575d6fa2-78d0-4456-8600-302fc35b2591%40dunslane.net#0819e315c6e44c49a36c69080cab644d

> but was finally rollbacked because it didn't pass installcheck test
>
> Maybe you are able to patch your pg installation,
> it would be a solution of choice (there is a nice exemple
> of extension included)

You will need to patch Postgres to add this hook, and you could
basically reuse the patch which has been committed once.  I don't
think that it would be that much amount of work to get it working
correctly on the test side to be honest, so we may be able to get
something into v13 at this stage.  This is mainly a matter of
resources though, and of folks willing to actually push for it.
--
Michael

Attachment