Re: PANIC :Call AbortTransaction when transaction id is no normal - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: PANIC :Call AbortTransaction when transaction id is no normal
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 09:37:32AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> But ... that code's been like that for decades and nobody's complained
> before.  Why are we worried about bootstrap's response to signals at all?

Yeah, I don't think that it is something worth bothering either.  As
you mentioned the data folder would be removed by default.  Or perhaps
the reporter has another case in mind which could justify a change in
the signal handlers?  I am ready to hear that case, but there is
nothing about the reason why it could be a benefit.

The patch proposed upthread is not something I find correct anyway,
I'd rather have the abort path complain loudly about a bootstrap
transaction that fails instead of just ignoring it, because it is the
kind of transaction which must never fail.  And it seems to me that it
can be handy for development purposes.
--
Michael

Attachment