Re: pgsql: Switch TAP tests of pg_rewind to use a role with minimalpermiss - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pgsql: Switch TAP tests of pg_rewind to use a role with minimalpermiss
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 2019-Apr-13, Michael Paquier wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 11:54:48PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Hm.  Seems like that test case could also use some work so that it's
> > more obvious when it has connection problems.
>
> For the problem reported, the deal is that we need to add in
> pg_indent.conf a mapping to the new user created (as done in
> config_sspi_auth()).  We can do that with pg_regress --create-role and
> PostgresNode.pm::init() can help with that.  So the fix is simple
> enough.  I'll make sure that it works properly at the beginning of
> next week.  For now the patch is reverted.

I'm not sure that reverting and re-committing a slightly improved patch
is a better approach than just waiting for the (presumably small) fix to
be committed.  Leaving a small number of animals in red for a small
period is not that bad.