Re: pgsql: Fix memory leak in pgbench - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Fix memory leak in pgbench
Date
Re: pgsql: Fix memory leak in pgbench  (Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr>)
List pgsql-committers
On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 09:03:19AM +0200, Fabien COELHO wrote:
> I can set up farm animals with bleeding age clang/gcc (compiled weekly from
> sources) with -Werror (seawasp & moonjelly are already running with those
> but without -Werror).

If possible, I would not recommend using compiled versions from
source, but just the latest stable versions released for gcc and
clang.  Even if this can catch up compiler bugs using Postgres code at
a very early stage, the false positives induced have been proving to
hurt because of the time investigations took to determine if this was
a problem on our side or not.
--
Michael

Attachment