Re: pgsql: Fix memory leak in pgbench - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: pgsql: Fix memory leak in pgbench
Date
List pgsql-committers
Hello Tom,

> Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> writes:
>> . o O ( Is it time to run with -Werror on some BF animals yet? )
>
> I've got -Werror turned on on longfin; I'm surprised that it's not
> whining about this.  Perhaps -Wdeclaration-after-statement doesn't
> really do anything on clang?
>
> Anyway, I'd be in favor of having at least one reasonably-recent-gcc
> animal running with -Werror.  gcc and clang seem to have rather
> different sets of warnings.

Yep. Hopefully non contradictory:-)

I can set up farm animals with bleeding age clang/gcc (compiled weekly
from sources) with -Werror (seawasp & moonjelly are already running with
those but without -Werror).

However, I'm not sure how motivated the project is with keeping up with
the latest warnings, there could be some instability, it may require some
adjustements, but they are a glimpse of what is to come, so maybe a less
bleeding edge set of compilers should be selected.

--
Fabien.