Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thank you for the rebased version.

At Fri, 5 Apr 2019 13:59:36 +0900, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote in
<CAD21AoC_s0H0x-dDPhVJEqMYcnKYOMjESXd6r_9bbc3ZZegg1A@mail.gmail.com>
> Thank you for the notice. Rebased.

+    <term><replaceable class="parameter">integer</replaceable></term>
+    <listitem>
+     <para>
+      Specifies parallel degree for <literal>PARALLEL</literal> option. The
+      value must be at least 1. If the parallel degree
+      <replaceable class="parameter">integer</replaceable> is omitted, then
+      <command>VACUUM</command> decides the number of workers based on number of
+      indexes on the relation which further limited by
+      <xref linkend="guc-max-parallel-workers-maintenance"/>.
+     </para>
+    </listitem>
+   </varlistentry>

I'm quite confused to see this. I suppose the <para> should be a
description about <integer> parameters. Actually the existing
<boolean> entry is describing the boolean itself.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center