Re: BUG #15610: Performance problem of PostgreSQL 11.1 Windowsversion (EDB created version) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Toshi Harada
Subject Re: BUG #15610: Performance problem of PostgreSQL 11.1 Windowsversion (EDB created version)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi.

We got configuration and "explain analyze" result.
(buginfo_15610.tgz)

Summary
* The difference in config is the location of the file and the locale.
* I executed the  SELECT statement with "explain analyze".
  There was no difference in the structure of the execution plan.

----
buginfo_15610.tgz contents.

explain_bigsql_11.1.txt explain analyze log.
explain_edb_10.6.txt    explain analyze log.
explain_edb_11.0.txt    explain analyze log.
select_model.sql        explain analyze statement.
settings_bigsql_11.1    BigSQL 11 configuration.
settings_diff.txt       EDB 11 and BigSQL 11 diff
settings_edb_10.6       EDB 10 configuration.
settings_edb_11.1       EDB 11 configuration.

----

Best regards.

David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 at 07:42, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 12:46 AM PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> The following bug has been logged on the website:
> >>
> >> Bug reference:      15610
> >> Logged by:          Toshi Harada
> >> Email address:      harada.toshi@po.ntt-tx.co.jp
> >> PostgreSQL version: 11.1
> >> Operating system:   Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition (32 CPU)
> >>
> >> [Overview]
> >>
> >> Installing PostgreSQL 11.1 Windows verson (EDB created version) and running
> >> pgbench, tps is very low compared to PostgreSQL 10.6.
> >> Also, tps is lower than PostgreSQL 11.1 Windows version (BIgSQL created
> >> version).
> >> Is there something wrong with the build option of PostgreSQL 11.1 in the EDB
> >> created version?
> >

> > Can you compare the configuration settings and report any differences?
> >
> > select name,setting from pg_settings;
>
> It might also be useful to see the EXPLAIN ANALYZE from each instance.
> Different ANALYZE runs can generate different table stats, so the plan
> may differ between instances, even if the code and settings are the
> same.
>
> --
>  David Rowley                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
>  PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services

Attachment