Re: BUG #15609: synchronous_commit=off insert performance regressionwith secondary indexes - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: BUG #15609: synchronous_commit=off insert performance regressionwith secondary indexes
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 8:27 PM Saul, Jean Paolo
<paolo.saul@verizonconnect.com> wrote:
> That seems to have narrowed down the regression to Boolean data types only.
> I will run the test now against the most common base types that we use and report back.
>
> Is this a known regression/bug on PG10+? Sorry I could not find any reference to this bug.

I can't think of a reason why the problem would be any worse on recent
releases right now. However, the behavior I'm describing is
complicated. I could have missed something.

--
Peter Geoghegan