Re: error message when subscription target is a partitioned table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: error message when subscription target is a partitioned table
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 04, 2018 at 09:25:09AM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> I think more people would directly understand the "is not a table" for a
> foreign table than a partitioned one (for example, it does now show up in
> \dt or under tables in pgadmin, but partitioned ones do). That said, if
> it's not too complicated, I think including foreign tables as well would
> definitely be useful, because it has table in the name. For the other
> types, I agree they don't need to be special-cased, they are fine the way
> they are.

relkind is directly available in this code path, so it is not that hard
to add.  As you suggest, foreign tables make sense to add as those are
actually *tables*.  And it seems to me that we should also add toast
tables for clarity for the same reason.
--
Michael

Attachment