Re: ALTER INDEX ... ALTER COLUMN not present in dump - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: ALTER INDEX ... ALTER COLUMN not present in dump
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 10:31:03PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 05:32:52PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> And here you go as attached.  Looking closer, in v10 and older versions,
>> ALTER INDEX SET STATISTICS is able to work as it is an alias of ALTER
>> TABLE.  The attached patch does not bother generating the ALTER INDEX
>> queries for v10 and older and feeds queries with empty strings.  Perhaps
>> we should support that case?  Or the lack of complains would be an
>> argument sufficient to care only about v11 and newer versions?  I would
>> tend to think that supporting only v11 and above is enough.  Thoughts
>> are welcome.

So, any thoughts about this patch?  I would still like to move on with
only supporting this set of queries only for v11 and above as that gets
only clearly documented on the ALTER INDEX page from that point.
--
Michael

Attachment