Re: ALTER INDEX ... ALTER COLUMN not present in dump - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: ALTER INDEX ... ALTER COLUMN not present in dump
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 07:46:01AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Yes, that's a bug, and something that we should try to fix in v11.

Okay, here are my notes.  We need to do a couple of things here:
1) Add a new join to pg_attribute in getIndexes(), then add the
information for statistics and the associated column to IndxInfo after
parsing the gathered array using parsePGArray().
2) Add the extra ALTER INDEX commands to the queries creating the
objects in dumpIndex().
3) Add a test.

A good thing is that when ALTER INDEX .. SET STATISTICS is applied on an
index of a partitioned table, the statement is not cascaded to the
existing partitions.  We may want in the future to support ONLY and make
the inheritance automatic.  But that's another topic, and the fix for
v11 should be chirurgical.
--
Michael

Attachment