Re: Remove stickiness from navigation bar in docs - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Remove stickiness from navigation bar in docs
Date
Re: Remove stickiness from navigation bar in docs  (Joe Nelson <joe@begriffs.com>)
List pgsql-www
Hi,

On 2018-10-18 16:29:48 -0400, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> On 10/18/18 3:16 PM, Matthijs van der Vleuten wrote:
> > Commit 6679835174a93d5688c649c4feb2604cd6afd2a0 added the site-wide
> > navigation bar to the docs pages. This navigation bar is stuck to the
> > top of the browser viewport.

+1 for removing that, I want to read the docs, not loose a portion of my
screen to the navbar. That doesn't matter as much in other parts of the
website, where I'm not going to constantly look at lots of content.

> > This patch removes the position: fixed style from the navigation bar and
> > removes the .pg-shout-box padding that compensated for the height of the
> > navigation bar.
> >
> > Additionally, since the navigation bar is now no longer permanently on
> > screen, the main.js script (which only contains code for animating the
> > navigation bar) is also removed from the docs pages.
> >

> Thanks for working on this. However, I would suggest we just add in the
> shout box to the docs.

Add it? It's present right now, no?

I don't like the shout box in the docs, FWIW. For me that's reference
material, and I don't want to waste the space. Currently content starts
like half a screen down when at the top. That's a *lot*.

Greetings,

Andres Freund