Re: Remove stickiness from navigation bar in docs - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Remove stickiness from navigation bar in docs
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi,

On 10/18/18 3:16 PM, Matthijs van der Vleuten wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Commit 6679835174a93d5688c649c4feb2604cd6afd2a0 added the site-wide
> navigation bar to the docs pages. This navigation bar is stuck to the
> top of the browser viewport.
>
> This patch removes the position: fixed style from the navigation bar and
> removes the .pg-shout-box padding that compensated for the height of the
> navigation bar.
>
> Additionally, since the navigation bar is now no longer permanently on
> screen, the main.js script (which only contains code for animating the
> navigation bar) is also removed from the docs pages.

Thanks for working on this. However, I would suggest we just add in the
shout box to the docs. The reason it had not been applied to docs /
pgarchives was due to a technical limitation on how our caching system
worked. However, Magnus fixed that awhile back and we have been running
it in production successfully for several months on pgweb. It should be
safe to add it to the other areas.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Attachment