Re: Segfault when creating partition with a primary key and sql_droptrigger exists - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Segfault when creating partition with a primary key and sql_droptrigger exists
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2018-Oct-04, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> I admit I'm surprised that your patch fixes the bug.  sql_drop was added
> before the command-stashing was added for pg_event_trigger_ddl_commands
> was added, and sql_drop only processes objects from the list passed to
> performMultipleDeletions, so adding the EventTriggerAlterTableStart() /
> End() calls should not affect it ... evidently I must be missing
> something here.

I think the explanation for this is that the problem has nothing to do
with sql_drop per se -- it's only that having a sql_drop trigger causes
the event trigger stuff to get invoked, and the bogus code involving
ddl_command_end (the one that's affected by the
EventTriggerAlterTableStart dance) is what crashes.