Re: de-deduplicate code in DML execution hooks in postgres_fdw - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: de-deduplicate code in DML execution hooks in postgres_fdw
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 02:17:38PM +0530, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> I used perform instead of execute since the later is usually
> associated with local operation. I added "foreign" in the name of the
> function to indicate that it's executed on foreign server. I am happy
> with "remote" as well. I don't think "one" and "single" make any
> difference. I don't like "parameterized" since that gets too tied to
> the method we are using rather than what's actually being done. In
> short I don't find any of the suggestions to be significantly better
> or worse than the name I have chosen. Said that, I am not wedded to
> any of those. A committer is free to choose anything s/he likes.

Fujita-san, you are registered as a reviewer of this patch.  Are you
planning to look at it soon?  It looks useful to me to rework this code
anyway to help with future maintenance, so in the worst case I could
always look at it.  For now I have moved it to the next commit fest.
--
Michael

Attachment