Re: Code of Conduct plan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karsten Hilbert
Subject Re: Code of Conduct plan
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 12:11:37PM -0400, Melvin Davidson wrote:

> How about we just simplify the code of conduct to the following:
> Any member in the various PostgreSQL lists is expected to maintain
> respect to others and not use foul language. A variation from
> the previous sentence shall be considered a violation of the CoC.

That is, unfortunately, not possible, because "foul language"
is quite definitional to a large extent.

Functioning communities can usually intrinsically develop,
informally agree upon, and pragmatically enforce a workable
definition for themselves.

And often it will be extremely hard to *codify* such working
definitions to even remotely the same degree of success.

Karsten
--
GPG  40BE 5B0E C98E 1713 AFA6  5BC0 3BEA AC80 7D4F C89B