Re: Code of Conduct plan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Mueller
Subject Re: Code of Conduct plan
Date
List pgsql-general
That is quite true: the very high quotient of helpful prose and very low quotient of inappropriate language is
striking--muchlike the TEI list of which I long have been a member, and unlike the MySQL list, which has a non-trivial
(thoughnot serious)  boorish component.

Which makes me say again "Where is the problem that needs solving?"

On 9/15/18, 11:32 AM, "Bruce Momjian" <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

    On Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 04:24:38PM +0000, Martin Mueller wrote:
    > What counts as foul language has changed a great deal in the last two decades.
    > You could always tie it to what is printable in the New York Times, but that
    > too is changing. I could live with something like “Be considerate, and if you
    > can’t be nice, be at least civil”.

    I have to admit I am surprised how polite the language is here,
    considering how crudely some other open source projects communicate.

    --
      Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__momjian.us&d=DwIDaQ&c=yHlS04HhBraes5BQ9ueu5zKhE7rtNXt_d012z2PA6ws&r=rG8zxOdssqSzDRz4x1GLlmLOW60xyVXydxwnJZpkxbk&m=TJILWn2nTs3E72LB1XpPNrNBCTYdMYWcTUevA54MIgM&s=jP360tfk8zSE3PhzhCJ5PSD_h8HnzqLCs4jFe5nUddE&e=