Re: Windows vs C99 (was Re: C99 compliance for src/port/snprintf.c) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Windows vs C99 (was Re: C99 compliance for src/port/snprintf.c)
Date
Re: Windows vs C99 (was Re: C99 compliance for src/port/snprintf.c)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2018-08-21 13:29:20 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > So, does anyone with Windows build experience want to comment on this?
> > The proposal is to desupport anything older than (probably) MSVC 2013,
> > or alternatively anything that cannot compile the attached test file.
>
> We've got a buildfarm handy that could answer the question.
> Let's just stick a test function in there for a day and see
> which animals fail.

I think we pretty much know the answer already, anything before 2013
will fail. The question is more whether that's problematic for the
people building on windows.  My theory, quoted by Peter upthread, is
that it shouldn't be problematic because 2013 can build binaries that
run on XP etc.

Greetings,

Andres Freund