Re: BUG #15343: Segmentation fault using pg_dump with--exclude-table if table contains identity column - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: BUG #15343: Segmentation fault using pg_dump with--exclude-table if table contains identity column
Date
In response to Re: BUG #15343: Segmentation fault using pg_dump with --exclude-tableif table contains identity column  (David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
On 2018-Aug-21, David Rowley wrote:

> > To reproduce:
> > $ createdb foo
> > $ psql foo -c "create table bar(i int generated by default as identity
> > primary key);"
> > $ pg_dump foo --exclude-table=bar
> > Segmentation fault (core dumped)

> I think the fix depends exactly on what we want the behaviour to be
> here.  Should dumpSequence() still dump out a CREATE SEQUENCE
> statement for this, or should we just ignore the sequence?  I imagine
> we should just ignore identity sequences when we're not going to dump
> the table that owns them. It looks like that would require a small
> modification in getOwnedSeqs().

Yeah, we should omit the sequence too.  I don't see any principled
reason to think that the sequence is interesting on its own.