Re: TRUNCATE tables referenced by FKs on partitioned tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: TRUNCATE tables referenced by FKs on partitioned tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 06:59:16PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Anyway, this patch seems to fix it, and adds what I think is appropriate
> test coverage.

This looks good to me.  I am noticing that the documentation of TRUNCATE
does not mention that when running the command on a partitioned table
then it automatically gets to the children even if CASCADE is not used
and each child partition is not listed.

What is the filler column added in truncpart used for?
--
Michael

Attachment