Re: Upgrading 9.6.9 to 10.4 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Michael Banck
Subject Re: Upgrading 9.6.9 to 10.4
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi John,

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 03:53:20PM -0400, John Scalia wrote:
> Ok, I figured out why the Makefile is broken for pglogical for
> PostgreSQL V.10. The pg_config utility returned 10.4 for the line
> setting Makefile parameter PGVER. Adding a simple “| cut -c1-2 to that
> line allows the Makefile to run for 9.6 and 10.4, probably other
> versions as well.

(10.4 isn't a major version, it's the fourth minor/patch release of the
v10 major version).

If you don't have the `| cut -c 1-2' in your Makefile then you're
probably looking at the wrong branch, the pglogical master branch on
github is stale, you need (for reasons that escape me) the REL2_x_STABLE
branch. Or probably the 2.2.0 release tarball would work just as fine.

> There are compile problems, however, in several source files. I don’t
> have the code in front of me, but one doing heap work calls
> replorigin_drop with a single argument, but that changed in V10 to
> need 2 args. Fairly easy to fix that one.
>
> Another source calls ExecARUpdateTriggers, and its friends Insert and
> Delete, those signatures have changed as well, and I haven’t yet
> figured out how to alter pglogical for compiling these.

I assume those failues are addressed in the above branch/release as
well, but I have not verified that.

Cheers

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Projektleiter / Senior Berater

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209
Trompeterallee 108, 41189 Mönchengladbach

Unser Umgang mit personenbezogenen Daten unterliegt
folgenden Bestimmungen: https://www.credativ.de/datenschutz