Re: Non-reserved replication slots and slot advancing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Subject Re: Non-reserved replication slots and slot advancing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello.

At Mon, 9 Jul 2018 15:48:33 +0900, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote in <20180709064833.GB30202@paquier.xyz>
> On Mon, Jul 09, 2018 at 03:13:04PM +0900, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> > Looking the attached patch, I noticed that both "WAL" and "wal"
> > are used in similar ERROR messages. Grepping the source tree
> > showed me that it is always in upper case letters except in the
> > case it is a part of other words like variable/column/function
> > names or "walsender". This is the same with the word "lsn".
>
> Thanks for the lookup.
>
> I see.  Indeed, let's fix at the same time the error message close by.
> xlog.c uses "WAL location (LSN)" for the same thing, so I am sticking
> with that as per the attached.  I'll go commit that if there are no
> objections.  If you see any others which you would like to fix, please
> feel free to send a patch.

I like it than "WAL LSN"' so I'm fine with the new message. I
don't find anything to fix in xlog.c for now.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center