Re: pgsql: Clarify use of temporary tables within partition trees - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Clarify use of temporary tables within partition trees
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 03, 2018 at 03:49:44PM +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> I forgot that expand_partitioned_rtentry() will recursively call itself if
> a partition is itself a partitioned table, in which case the above
> code helps.

Actually look at the coverage reports:
https://coverage.postgresql.org/src/backend/optimizer/prep/prepunion.c.gcov.html
1742      :     /*
1743      :      * If the partitioned table has no partitions or all the partitions are
1744      :      * temporary tables from other backends, treat this as non-inheritance
1745      :      * case.
1746      :      */
1747 4920 :     if (!has_child)
1748    0 :         parentrte->inh = false;
1749 4920 : }

expand_partitioned_rtentry() never disables this flag on recursive calls
with a multi-level tree.  Could it be possible to get a test which
closes the gap?
--
Michael

Attachment