Re: BUG #15245: pg_stat_all_tables does not include partition mastertables - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #15245: pg_stat_all_tables does not include partition mastertables
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 08:29:33AM -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
> My first reaction was to agree, which suggests a need for a note in the
> docs why this isn't the case.  The _all_ specifically means both user and
> system; the _stats_ in the name means that only tables that have statistics
> are included.  I feel this is a reasonable decision.

If there were anything to happen here, then I think that it would be
hard to define what the statistics of the parent partition should
reflect.  For example, the autovacuum and autoanalyze run times are I
think tricky as you cannot really define the last time autovacuum has
been run on the parent as the last time it has been run only only one of
the partitions or a sub-set of them.  This gets also messier if you come
across multiple partition layers.
--
Michael

Attachment