Re: found xmin from before relfrozenxid on pg_catalog.pg_authid - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: found xmin from before relfrozenxid on pg_catalog.pg_authid
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2018-05-24 16:49:40 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> BTW is it just a coincidence or are all the affected tables pg_authid?
> Maybe the problem is shared relations ..?  Maybe the fact that they have
> separate relfrozenxid (!?) in different databases?

Yes, that appears to be part of the problem. I've looked at a number of
shared relation related codepaths, but so far my theory is that the
relcache is wrong. Note that one of the reports in this thread clearly
had a different relcache relfrozenxid than in the catalog.

Then there's also:
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/1527193504642.36340%40amazon.com

Greetings,

Andres Freund