Re: found xmin from before relfrozenxid on pg_catalog.pg_authid - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: found xmin from before relfrozenxid on pg_catalog.pg_authid
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2018-May-24, Andres Freund wrote:

> > BTW is it just a coincidence or are all the affected tables pg_authid?
> > Maybe the problem is shared relations ..?  Maybe the fact that they have
> > separate relfrozenxid (!?) in different databases?
>
> Yes, that appears to be part of the problem. I've looked at a number of
> shared relation related codepaths, but so far my theory is that the
> relcache is wrong. Note that one of the reports in this thread clearly
> had a different relcache relfrozenxid than in the catalog.

Hmm ... is that because they read the values on different databases?
Are you referring to the reports by Maxim Boguk?  I see one value from
template1, another value from template0.

> Then there's also:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/1527193504642.36340%40amazon.com

ah, so deleting the relcache file makes the problem to go away?  That's
definitely pretty strange.  I see no reason for the value in relcache to
become out of step with the catalogued value in the same database ... I
don't think we transmit in any way values of one database to another.