Re: [SPAM] Re: Local partitioned indexes and pageinspect - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [SPAM] Re: Local partitioned indexes and pageinspect
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 09, 2018 at 02:28:50PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> I pushed some fixes produced here.  Attached is the remainder of the
> patch you submitted.  I notice now that we haven't actually fixed
> Peter's source of complaint, though.  AFAICS your patch just adds test
> cases, and upthread discussion apparently converges on not doing
> anything about the code.  I'm not yet sure what to think of that ...

Thanks Álvaro.  I tend to think that there is little point in changing
the error handling, still it would be good to get test coverage.  That's
not really a bug though as in all those cases we don't get errors like
"could not open file" or such.  So we could also let things as they are
now.
--
Michael

Attachment