Re: [SPAM] Re: Local partitioned indexes and pageinspect - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [SPAM] Re: Local partitioned indexes and pageinspect
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, May 02, 2018 at 01:38:22PM +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> > Perhaps, I'm just repeating what's already been said, but I think it might
> > be better to have the word "partitioned" in the message.
>
> That's what Peter is pointing to upthread and what the v1 of upthread
> was doing.  I would tend to think to just keep the code simple and don't
> add those extra checks, but I am fine to be beaten as well.

I pushed some fixes produced here.  Attached is the remainder of the
patch you submitted.  I notice now that we haven't actually fixed
Peter's source of complaint, though.  AFAICS your patch just adds test
cases, and upthread discussion apparently converges on not doing
anything about the code.  I'm not yet sure what to think of that ...

Attachment