Re: pg_rewind and postgresql.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: pg_rewind and postgresql.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I totally agree.  Ideally, rewind would just rewind data dirs by default
> and provide an option to include other files as specified by the
> administrator.

Something like "--copy-including-files=file1,file2,..."? However I
would like to also have "--copy-excluding-files=". The latter would be
more convenient for most users like me.

> However I ran out of time this time to do this patch and hope to submit
> again after 11 is finalized.

Sounds great.

> There are two other things that would really be nice to make work too (but
> think that's another major version away):
>
> 1.  Make pg_rewind work over the replication protocol so it doesn't require
> db superuser
> 2.  Unify, to the extent possible, the code base with pg_basebackup.

Interesting idea.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan