Re: Protect syscache from bloating with negative cache entries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Subject Re: Protect syscache from bloating with negative cache entries
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Thu, 29 Mar 2018 18:51:45 -0700, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote in
<20180330015145.pvsr6kjtf6tw4uwe@alap3.anarazel.de>
> Hi,
>
> On 2018-03-30 10:35:48 +0900, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> > 0002-0004 is new, in response to the comment that caches other
> > than the catcache ought to get the same feature. These can be a
> > separate development from 0001 for v12. I don't find a measures
> > to catch the all case at once.
> >
> > If we agree on the point. I wish to discuss only 0001 for v11.
>
> I'd personally not want to commit a solution for catcaches without also
> commiting a solution for a least relcaches in the same release cycle. I
> think this patch simply has missed the window for v11.

Ok. Agreed. I moved this to the next CF.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center