Re: [HACKERS] AdvanceXLInsertBuffer vs. WAL segment compressibility - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] AdvanceXLInsertBuffer vs. WAL segment compressibility
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 06:32:08PM -0400, Chapman Flack wrote:
> Is 2dd9322 a commit? I'm having difficulty finding it:
>
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=commit&s=2dd9322
>
> Am I searching wrong?
>
> I probably won't have more time to look at this tonight, but could
> I ask in advance for examples of tools that would need this bit when
> encountering unwritten pages at the end of a segment?

Here you go for one example:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pglesslog/
At the end we may want to perhaps just drop the flag, but that's quite a
hard call as there could be people not around who use it..
--
Michael

Attachment