Re: [HACKERS] AdvanceXLInsertBuffer vs. WAL segment compressibility - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chapman Flack
Subject Re: [HACKERS] AdvanceXLInsertBuffer vs. WAL segment compressibility
Date
Re: [HACKERS] AdvanceXLInsertBuffer vs. WAL segment compressibility  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 03/26/18 01:43, Michael Paquier wrote:

> Have a look at BKP_REMOVABLE then.  This was moved to page headers in
> 2dd9322, still it seems to me that the small benefits outlined on this
> thread don't justify breaking tools relying on this flag set, especially
> if there is no replacement for it.

Is 2dd9322 a commit? I'm having difficulty finding it:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=commit&s=2dd9322

Am I searching wrong?

I probably won't have more time to look at this tonight, but could
I ask in advance for examples of tools that would need this bit when
encountering unwritten pages at the end of a segment?

I don't mean that as snark; it's just nonobvious to me and I might need
a little nudge where to look.

-Chap