Re: PATCH: Exclude temp relations from base backup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: PATCH: Exclude temp relations from base backup
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Teodor Sigaev (teodor@sigaev.ru) wrote:
> Will autovacuum (or something else) complain about absense of relfile during
> orphan table deleting? I mean, you get a base backup without temp tables,
> then you try to run postgres on it and will it complain about existing
> record in pg_class and absence of corresponding relfile?

I would certainly hope not considering that's what happens during
regular crash recovery also, so if there's an issue with that, we'd have
a problem in released versions.

There's an independent discussion that was being had recently about how
to make sure those records in pg_class get cleaned up in a reasonable
timeframe and don't lead to problems with wrap-arounds, but that's a
different and pre-existing issue.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment