Re: Using base backup exclusion filters to reduce data transferredwith pg_rewind - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Using base backup exclusion filters to reduce data transferredwith pg_rewind
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 01:38:38AM +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
> Personally it looks very intrusive, so I'm feeling inclined to push
> the changes without that refactoring.

Okay.  Just moving the list of items from basebackup.c to a dedicated
header is not sufficient though as things like RELCACHE_INIT_FILENAME as
declared in headers which are backend-only.  The same applies to
LOG_METAINFO_DATAFILE_TMP, PG_AUTOCONF_FILENAME, PG_STAT_TMP_DIR and
PG_DYNSHMEM_DIR.

BACKUP_LABEL_FILE and TABLESPACE_MAP can be included though via xlog.h.
So what are you looking for?  I see a couple of options:
1) The inclusive refactoring, which you are discarding.
2) A dedicated header, but some of the now-not-hardcoded values will
need to be so.  That's the list I am giving above.
3) A copy of the list from basebackup.c to src/bin/pg_rewind/.

I would guess that you are looking for 2), but I am not sure if you
imply that 3) would be acceptable or not.
--
Michael

Attachment