Re: JIT compiling with LLVM v11 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: JIT compiling with LLVM v11
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2018-03-14 10:32:40 +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> I decided to try this on a CentOS 7.2 box.  It has LLVM 3.9 in the
> 'epel' package repo, but unfortunately it only has clang 3.4.

That's a bit odd, given llvm and clang really live in the same repo...

> clang: error: unknown argument: '-fexcess-precision=standard'
> clang: error: unknown argument: '-flto=thin'
>
> Ok, so I hacked src/Makefile.global.in to remove -flto=thin.

I think I can get actually rid of that entirely.

> It looks
> like -fexcess-precision-standard is coming from a configure test that
> was run against ${CC}, not against ${CLANG}, so I hacked the generated
> src/Makefile.global to remove that too, just to see if I could get
> past that.

Yea, I'd hoped we could avoid duplicating all the configure tests, but
maybe not :(.

> Then I could build successfully and make check passed.  I did see one warning:
>
> In file included from execExpr.c:39:
> ../../../src/include/jit/jit.h:36:3: warning: redefinition of typedef
> 'JitProviderCallbacks' is a C11 feature [-Wtypedef-redefinition]
> } JitProviderCallbacks;
>   ^
> ../../../src/include/jit/jit.h:22:37: note: previous definition is here
> typedef struct JitProviderCallbacks JitProviderCallbacks;
>                                     ^

Yep. Removed the second superflous / redundant typedef.  Will push a
heavily rebased version in a bit, will include fix for this.

Greetings,

Andres Freund