Re: PATCH: Configurable file mode mask - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: PATCH: Configurable file mode mask
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 05, 2018 at 05:11:29PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> writes:
>> On 2/28/18 2:28 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
>>> That's basically a recursive chmod, so chmod_recursive is more adapted?
>>> I could imagine that this is useful as well for removing group
>>> permissions, so the new mode could be specified as an argument.
>
>> The required package (File::chmod::Recursive) for chmod_recursive is not
>> in use anywhere else and was not installed when I installed build
>> dependencies.

Woah.  I didn't even know that chmod_recursive existed and was part of a
module.  What I commented about here was to rename to a more generic
name the routine you are implementing so as other tests could use it.

>> I'm not sure what the protocol for introducing a new Perl module is?  I
>> couldn't find packages for the major OSes.  Are we OK with using CPAN?
>
> I don't think that's cool.  Anything that's not part of a standard Perl
> installation is a bit of a lift already, and if it's not packaged by
> major distros then it's really a problem for many people.  (Yeah, they
> may know what CPAN is, but they might have local policy issues about
> installing directly from there.)

Yes, that's not cool.  I am not pushing in this direction.  Sorry for
creating confusion with fuzzy wording.
--
Michael

Attachment