Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix inadequate locking during get_rel_oids(). - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix inadequate locking during get_rel_oids().
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2018-03-05 19:53:23 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Scratch that, we should be going down the
> >     /* If caller supplied OID, there's nothing we need do here. */
> > branch in expand_vacuum_rel() for autovacuum, so this shouldn't
> > matter. Sorry for the noise
>
> But you said you'd seen blocking behind AEL with NOWAIT, so there's
> still a problem for manual vacuums no?

Right. But that facility isn't yet exposed to SQL, just in the patch I'm
reviewing. So there's no issue with the code from the commit I'm
replying to.

In [1] I wrote about one idea how to resolve this for the proposed
patch.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20180306005349.b65whmvj7z6hbe2y@alap3.anarazel.de