Re: Transform for pl/perl - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aleksander Alekseev
Subject Re: Transform for pl/perl
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Spec compliant:           tested, passed
Documentation:            tested, passed

Hello Anthony,

Great patch! Everything is OK and I almost agree with Pavel.

The only thing that I would like to suggest is to add a little more tests for
various corner cases. For instance:

1. Converting in both directions (Perl <-> JSONB) +/- infinity, NaN, MAX_INT,
MIN_INT.

2. Converting in both directions strings that contain non-ASCII (Russian /
Japanese / etc) characters and special characters like \n, \t, \.

3. Make sure that converting Perl objects that are not representable in JSONB
(blessed hashes, file descriptors, regular expressions, ...) doesn't crash
everything and shows a reasonable error message.

The new status of this patch is: Waiting on Author