Re: [GENERAL] Logging the fact that a log was shipped - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christoph Moench-Tegeder
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Logging the fact that a log was shipped
Date
List pgsql-general
## Ron Johnson (ron.l.johnson@cox.net):

> How is this done in v8.4?  (I tried adding "date; rsync ..." but pg
> didn't like that *at all*.)

There's a DEBUG1-level log message on successful archive_command
completion - that would give you a lot of other low-prio log
messages wich you probably don't care about.
I'd put a wrapper around your rsync (a short shell script
would be sufficient) in the lines of rsync ... && logger "done",
that way you'd get the information via syslog.
On the other hand, do you really need the details about each WAL
segment? Since 9.4 there's pg_stat_wal_archiver... You're really
making your job harder than it needs to be with that ancient
PostgreSQL...

Regards,
Christoph

--