Re: [SPAM] Re: [GENERAL] Invalid magic number 0000 in log file - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Moreno Andreo
Subject Re: [SPAM] Re: [GENERAL] Invalid magic number 0000 in log file
Date
List pgsql-general
Il 25/08/2017 22:01, Peter Eisentraut ha scritto:
> On 8/25/17 14:24, Moreno Andreo wrote:
>> I know that's related to XLOG files, but do not have idea on how to deal
>> with it. I had a quick googling but found nothing but "your files are
>> corrupted. You'd better initdb."
> That's pretty much it.
Thanks, I'll report to the customer

> You might not have to initdb if you have an uncorrupted copy of the WAL
> files somewhere (i.e., a backup).  But then I would have concerns about
> what else might be corrupted.
Probably system was not booting because of a faulty hard disk, and the
fault also involved some WAL files. Once reinstalled, the system marked
as unusable the faulty sectors and everything is fine now, except for
what was corrupted before..........
I'll tell him to have a deep check of OS events and of the disk itself.

Thanks
Moreno.-