Re: [pgsql-www] Failed to make v10 branch: gitmaster push hook needsadjustment - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] Failed to make v10 branch: gitmaster push hook needsadjustment
Date
Re: [pgsql-www] Failed to make v10 branch: gitmaster push hook needsadjustment  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
List pgsql-www
Hi,

On 2017-08-14 23:28:21 +0000, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Tom, all,
>
> On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 19:21 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> > Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> writes:
> > help with any emergency patches to the server
> >
> > > Stephen? Any chance to relax the restriction here? It'd be somewhat bad
> > > if we didn't have pg 10 buildfarm coverage over the next few days...
> >
> > In addition to just allowing submissions for v10, it'd be great if
> > we could get the list of active branches for run_branches.pl updated,
> > so that the critters with non-manually-maintained branch lists start
> > doing the right thing.
> >
> > (Maybe that's the exact same thing, in which case nevermind.)
>

> I can certainly patch servers if needed. I'll be back to a keyboard in
> about 10m, tho I am at a loss as to what exactly needs doing here..?
>
> I'll try to find the rest of the thread when I reach a real computer.

Based on a quick look it seems the error is triggered by
https://github.com/PGBuildFarm/server-code/blob/master/cgi-bin/pgstatus.pl

There appear to be two levels of checks here. First:

if (open($brhandle,"../htdocs/branches_of_interest.txt"))
{   my @branches_of_interest = <$brhandle>;   close($brhandle);   chomp(@branches_of_interest);   unless (grep {$_ eq
$branch}@branches_of_interest)   {       print         "Status: 492 bad branch parameter $branch\n",
"Content-Type:text/plain\n\n",         "bad branch parameter $branch\n";       exit;   }

}

so that file needs to be updated.

Secondly there's:
unless ($branch =~ /^(HEAD|REL\d+_\d+_STABLE)$/)
{   print     "Status: 492 bad branch parameter $branch\nContent-Type: text/plain\n\n",     "bad branch parameter
$branch\n";  exit;

}

which needs its regex adjusted... Based on a quick look preliminarily it
seems to be ok to just make the first \d+ optional (i.e. (\d+)?).

Greetings,

Andres Freund