Re: [BUGS] Re: BUG #14680: startup process on standby encounter adeadlock of TwoPhaseStateLock when redo 2PC xlog - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [BUGS] Re: BUG #14680: startup process on standby encounter adeadlock of TwoPhaseStateLock when redo 2PC xlog
Date
In response to Re: [BUGS] Re: BUG #14680: startup process on standby encounter adeadlock of TwoPhaseStateLock when redo 2PC xlog  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
Responses Re: [BUGS] Re: BUG #14680: startup process on standby encounter adeadlock of TwoPhaseStateLock when redo 2PC xlog  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 8:08 AM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > So I propose that RecoverPreparedTransactions grabs exclusive lock at
> > the top, and only the bottom part of the loop is done unlocked, which
> > AFAICS should be safe.  (MarkAsPrepared gained a boolean argument
> > indicating that caller already holds lock).
>
> Logically both approaches are really close as with this approach the
> additional locked area is when scanning the entries of TwoPhaseState.
> But I agree that your suggestion would be safer in the long run. This
> looks good to me after a close look.

Thanks, pushed.